Wash Rooms!

Why do Americans and Canadians have to beat about the bush? Why CAN'T they say toilet or loo? It's " Wash Rooms ", which I suppose is marginally better than "Bath Rooms " which is what they used to call them. They've made me call them washrooms, otherwise they don't know what I'm talking about. Well today at the Wolf Dog sanctuary there was a building with a painted sign on it saying Wash Rooms. Let me tell you there was not one single drop of water anywhere in there! The toilet was what is called " A long drop " with no way of flushing! Also no wash basin, the only concession to hygiene  being a hand sanitizer dispenser, luckily I had Wet Wipes with me.
The sanctuary was way out in the wilds and I completely understand that there was no running water there, but how could they call it a Wash Room??
I didn't take pictures.

Comments

Post a Comment