Calgary

Today is Canada Day so the whole town has been in carnival mood. I've had great fun exploring the town and getting into the holiday mood with everyone. There are bands playing all over area, loads stalls people just enjoying themselves. The town has also been host to Otafest which seems to celebrate all things Anime. People are dressed in really elaborate, expensive looking costumes representing Anime characters. Tonight there's a massive fire work display which I'd love to see but it doesn't start till gone eleven, don't think I can stay awake till then. My breakfast this morning was an omelette which I thought should be quite light. What turned up was a beef steak mushroom and cheese omelette! Slices of steak layered in it, there was loads of it, plus stacks of hash browns and toast. Needless to say I couldn't eat even half of it!
Off to Banff tomorrow, grizzly bear country, I hope I see one.


Comments

  1. Glad you've finally arrived Fran and beginning your adventure. We were there for Canada day 4 years ago now, how time flies. Enjoy your trip. Post lots of photos. A and P xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment